Sunday, November 1, 2009

The One with the Fairies

I've been in Orlando for a little over a week and I just have to say, I am absolutely LOVING it. I feel like I have a life again! My car is fixed (for now, there may be an A/C issue that I am trying not to think about) and my eye is almost back to the 80% it was at before (I can't say it's back to 100% since it wasn't 100% or I wouldn't have been wearing contacts and wouldn't have gotten an eye infection in the first place, make sense? lol)

My job is interesting to say the least. I survey people ALL DAY LONG.....I haven't done it yet, but I will next week. So far I've only completed training. It might get a little old, but I didn't go to college to be a surveyor so I know it's only a temporary job. Whether I stay in the role for 3 months or 3 years, we'll just have to wait and see. Everyone at my new job seems so nice, I'm excited to get to know them!

Today, I went to the Magic Kingdom with my friend Garrett, who I used to work with at the Emporium. We had a blast meeting Princess Tiana and Naveen from The Princess and The Frog. They were fun characters to meet (I'll add pics later!) They did this really cool show on the Riverboat in Frontierland/Liberty Square. Very fun. We also got to meet the new boy fairy/keeper of the pixie dust, Terence!! He's in the Tinker Bell movie (voiced by Jesse McCartney, just an FYI) and for a fairy, he was pretty masculine if you ask me. It was cute, lol. In case you care, there are 6 fairies you can meet at the Magic Kingdom but only 3 are out at a time. I had met Tinker Bell (who is always there), Rosetta, Iredessa and Silevermist but never Fawn or Terence (because he is BRAND NEW) and you never know who you're gonna get to meet so needless to say I was pretty excited to arrive in Pixie Hollow (via pixie dust obviously) and see Fawn, Tink and Terence =) They were a riot too! Tink noticed Garrett has a tattoo of Peter Pan on his leg and FREAKED OUT saying Peter was trapped on his leg and she didn't want to be trapped there too because she was once trapped in a lantern and she really hated it haha. I have to appreciate a clever quick-witted character when I see one!


This week I also got to go see my favorite band from Florida, Mark & James. I first heard them when they opened for Jon McLaughlin and I've loved them ever since. They were playing an acoustic set at a restaurant in town so we went to check it out. We arrived to catch the tail end of a song, then they took a break. Not long after, a band started playing REALLY LOUD next door, making it impossible to hear Mark & James acoustically. Picture a really sad looking Allie right about here. James comes over (he knew we were there to see them, cuz let's be real, I didn't travel across town for the food that's for sure) and did like the nicest thing ever and offered to play a song of my choice in a quieter part of the place on the other side of the building. Without boring you all with all the details (like I did with the fairies, ha, sorry!), we'll just say it was one of the best times ever, being serenaded with one of my fave songs. =) I've never wanted a band to succeed more than them. If you haven't checked them out yet, what are you waiting for?! www.myspace.com/markandjames

Anyways, I have the next couple of days off, so I'm gonna relax, run some errands and figure out a way to convince myself not to be afraid of approaching people for a survey. Wednesday night is the White Tie Affair concert that I'm BEYOND excited for! I saw them open for Lady Gaga earlier this year, and now they're headlining and we have a meet-n-greet afterwards so that should be interesting!! I wonder if Sean-P will remember meeting me in line for Goofy and Pluto at Animal Kingdom haha. We'll see.


Bonus Features:
1) On my last day of training, I was walking through Tomorrowland and a bird pooped right on my head. It was SO disgusting. Apparently, it's a sign of good luck to come, but somehow I doubt it.
2) I'm SO glad the Vikings beat the Packers today! I scowled at every single person I saw wearing Packer gear today at the Magic Kingdom haha I'm kidding but I certainly didn't high-five them!
3) I'm currently listening to James Morrison
4) Ever since playing Rock Band w/ Charlie in Georgia, I really want to own it and play like ALL THE TIME. Thanks a lot Charlie! lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment