Saturday, November 21, 2009

The One where I turned 24!



I still cannot believe I'm 24. 23 was young 20s. 24 is mid 20s. Oh Lord. Anyways, you may or may not know that I traditionally like to make a big deal about my birthday. Growing up, I always had big parties. In college, it was a little less intense but I still tried to get as many friends together as possible for dinner or something.

This year was a little different. All I wanted to do this year was go see my favorite duo (Mark & James) play some tunes and have some dinner with my girls.  That was the one and only plan. I had no other plans for the day other than relax, get dolled up, see Mark & James. Well about 3pm, I found out Mark & James were sick and not playing that night. My reaction: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Insert really sad face. I haven't really heard them play since May and I had been looking forward to my bday/seeing them for weeks. Not cool.

But I couldn't just sit home on my birthday, that's not how I roll. So I asked Michelle if she wanted to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Being the awesome friend that she is, she said yes. The others couldn't go for various reasons, but it's all good, Michelle and I know how to have fun together!

Having never been to the Christmas Party, I was very excited to go! I wasn't planning on going due to my ode to making financially smart choices but that all goes out the window on my birthday. For those of you that don't know, the Christmas Party is a a separate ticket event that even cast members can't go to for free. There is a different parade, different fireworks, characters in different outfits (which sounds least exciting but is actually my favorite part), different shows, free cocoa and cookies and it snows tiny soap bubbles on mainstreet USA. The crowds are also lighter at the Christmas party, making lines much much shorter on just about everything.

My one and only goal was to meet Prince Charming, a feat pretty much impossible to accomplish in the parks on a normal day. So imagine my delight when we get into the Princess tent (home of Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora normally) and see not only Prince Charming, but Prince Philip (Sleeping Beauty's beau) there too!! Oh my word, I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I nerd out over meeting rare characters general, the fact that they happen to be Princes in this instance simply added to the fun.  Also, fun fact, all of the Princes (Erik, Aladdin, Charming 1 and 2) are in the 3 o clock parade but Prince Philip is not-so I think I was doubly excited to meet him since I'd barely even ever seen him before!


So anyways, the best line of the night had to of come from Prince Philip. Michelle and I were clearly too excited to be there and the photographer was trying to take our picture but we kept talking, I apologized for being unable to focus and without skipping a beat, Prince Philip goes "Well it's a good thing your camera can focus at least!" Hi-lar-ious! The whole line laughed it was spot on! Prince Charming had like no personality whatsoever but I think he was probably just weirded out over the 2 overly excited adults (with no children in their group) fawning over him, so I can't really blame him.

One of my favorite moments of the night was when we went to go get some cocoa and cookies at a Restaurant called Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square. I was walking in and the greeter said hi and turned inside and walked quickly over to her fellow cast members. I just figured she's probably a CP who thought of something funny to tell her friends, right?! Sooo wrong! Soon, every cast member in the place starts clapping. I'm confused but then they start singing happy birthday. You would think I would realize they were singing to me but since I'm used to being a cast member, and not on the receiving end of the magic these days, it took me a second to realize they were singing to ME! It totally made my night, it's the little things in life, right?

The only other bummer of the night was that my flip flop broke. So incredibly sad since they were like my trusty park-going flip flops but Michelle literally gave me the shoes off her feet so I could walk to buy some new ones. All in all though, it was a memorable and festive birthday. I'd be lying if I still didn't wish I had gotten to see Mark & James instead, but that just wasn't in the stars for the night and that's cool with me. =)

P.S. The best present I could ever ask for is my friends and family taking time to wish me a happy birthday. Being away from home is hard a lot of times and having friends scattered around the country makes me miss everyone so much. But I felt so loved with all the calls, texts, messages etc. I have the best friends and family a girl could ask for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm guessing you are mastering a new and fantastic "big picture" section because most of your details have changed. I can't wait to read it! (hidden meaning: CHANGE YOUR INFO)

Autumn

Allie B said...

I did change it....I'm confused. Even my age is updated! =) Music is still the goal so I didn't take that out. I just combined Disney and Music...

Post a Comment